Eggs Fried is from the note my grandfather Monty Budd, wrote at Christmas, about 1921, about how he got his eggs fried. This blog is designed to share family recipes in antiicipation of the sequel to the Family Cookbook and other items of note including old photographs, interesting cookbooks, old and new, and other family items.
Why Eggs Fried?
This was typewritten on a card about 1921 by my grandfather, Montgomery Budd in the first year of his marriage for his wife Lois. No one ever doubted that it was true.
1) Be sure to order the eggs
2) Keep eggs in house to prevent freezing
3) Empty ashes and fix fire
4) Call friend wife
5) Make coffee
6) Call wife again
7) Set table and cut bread – fill salt shaker
8) Call wife again
9) Just fry the eggs – with feeling if the eggs break
10) Repeat daily – she’ll never be the wise